In the office, the bulk of our work tasks require us to sit. Sustained static positions put increased pressure on the tissues in our spine.
Make getting up and moving around a part of your daily work tasks:
- Use the phone while standing at your desk.
- File your papers far enough away that you must get out of your chair.
- Don’t call or email people in your office, stand up and visit them.
- Place your printer in a nearby room or across the room.
- Stay hydrated! Bonus if the water cooler is in the next room.
- Stand up while in long business meetings – make this a part of the workplace culture.
- Stand up and stretch while reading or reviewing printed documents.