First we form habits, then they form us. Conquer your bad habits or they will conquer you. – Dr. Rob Gilbert
When you look back how did your habits form you last year? Take a second to score yourself using the scale on the bottom of the page.
- What do your work habits say about you and how much you value your health and wellness?
- Do you work as long and as hard as you can until you are physically and mentally spent? Or do you pace yourself to make sure that you finish your day with no discomfort and some reserve for your family?
- What’s the longest that you go without taking a break? 4 hours or 30 minutes?
- Do you work in one posture all day long or do you choose to stand up, or change your work posture frequently throughout the day?
- Do you know any stretches or simple exercises that you can do to counter the stresses and postures that you work in all day?
- Do you know what microbreaks are and how they prevent fatigue and discomfort?
Reflect back and look forward. What’s your plan to make your rating a ‘10’?