- Do you look like a vulture hunched over your equipment?
- Are you …
- Holding the phone between your ear and your shoulder?
- Reaching way forward to your mouse?
- Is your mouse winning the race as you chase it across your desk?
Be Aware of Awkward Postures.
- Avoid slouching: move close and recline your chair’s backrest 10-15 degrees;
- Zoom your screen content to 125-150% to help keep your head back over your shoulders;
- Get reference paper on a document holder under your screen.
- Use a head set or speaker phone to multitask with the phone.
Static Muscle Use:
- Avoid reaching:
- Move closer to your workstation and keep your elbows close to your trunk;
- Keep your forearm resting on an arm rest or desk surface when using the mouse to reduce stress on your neck and upper back.