Your own cooperation, engagement, and participation in your office setup are key to the success of any workplace intervention (Saunders, 2004).
- Have you set yourself up for a let down?
- Do you bend to the will of your workstation or make it bend to you?
- Take responsibility for your posture, workstation setup, and ultimately your health and well-being. Even with the most ergonomically designed workstation – your actions will determine how you feel. ]Do your body a favour: keep your arms in close and recline slightly in your chair.
- Take movement breaks whenever possible.
- Be mindful of postures you are spending your day in.
- What are you doing to work happy and healthy?
Saunders, M.J. (2004). Ergonomics and the Management of Musculoskeletal Disorders. Butterworth Hienmann, St. Louis.