The fourth and final pillar is work habits.
“First we form habits, then they form us. Conquer your bad habits or they will conquer you.” – Dr. Rob Gilbert.
When you look back, how did your habits form you in the past?
Take a second to score yourself using the scale on the bottom of the page.
- What do your work habits say about you and how much you value your health?
- Do you work as long and as hard as you can until you are physically and mentally spent?
- Or do you pace yourself to make sure that you finish your day with no discomfort?
- Do you know what the best practices are for your job to reduce stress and strain on the body?
- Do you know any exercises to strengthen your body and help prevent injury? Or do you know any stretches can help to counter the stresses and postures that you work in all day?
- Are you aware of ‘core stability’ principles and how they apply to your daily work?
- Reflect back and look forward. What’s your plan to make this year a ‘10’?
If your job in the past reminded you of a hamster on a wheel, your body probably feels like it has been worked over like a punching bag.