While some injuries creep up on us gradually, others can slam into us like a truck.
Professional drivers discover ways to go faster, get more done, usually getting a “good job!” along the way. But of course, it is important to find a blaance, and some lines that simply should not be crossed.
Here are 5 laws of the forklift road:
- No huge wallets: Remove your wallet from your back pocket every time before you drive. This helps to keep your spine in neutral.
- Wear your seatbelt: Every time you get in the vehicle, no exceptions. Your kneecaps, ribs and neck will thank you.
- Maintain three point contact every time you get in and out of your vehicle to stay balanced. One out of every three forklift injuries occurs getting in/out of the vehicle!
- Drive the speed limit. Speed increases the impact of all stressors on your body. In a battle between a forklift, a cement pillar and you, who do you think will win?
- In a battle of forklift, pothole, driver – you can guess who wins. Keep four wheels on the ground. Uneven surfaces, potholes and transitions are everywhere.